GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

GM Yukon denali: My heated steering wheel has stopped working

My heated steering wheel has stopped working anybody have any idea what might be the problem, I checked fuse location #48 that does not correspond to my vehicle. #48 does not have metal fuses connectors. The lift blinks on and tHen goes on 1st activation of the day after that nothing.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
6Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.

Do you have a meter to do some diagnosis?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes amprobe 12v light I can get any other equipment I may need to make repairs. My wife will hate it thou.
Ok if you can pop the air bag out and test the black to yellow wires, that is for the element itself. Reply with the resistance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do I do that, I've done it on older car 99 not sure if I qualified to do it on 07 lol.
I am sure you can do anything, Take the battery off to disable the air bag.
On the back side of the wheel there are 2 openings. Using a blunt ended tool, push the spring fastener inward through the access hole.
gently remove the Clip on the air bag connector and remove. Any damage to the clips and the air bag light will be on as those disable the shorting bar inside.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok going now.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Cam how do I replace the water pump on gmc acadia
I can help you however this is an unrelated issue on a different vehicle. I can get in trouble for answering this year. If you can ask you question specify specifically asked for me to answer it first line of the question And i will definitely help. Will you be asking many questions over the next little while? If so then I suggest you sign up for the subscription service.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok thanks