GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
10949255

2005 GMC Yukon XL Denali: 6.0l..the oil pressure sending unit

2005 GMC Yukon XL Denali 6.0l engine. replacing the oil pressure sending unit
Category: GM
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.
This is not bad at all. It does require a socket that fits the sensor.

The sensor is at the top back of the engine behind the intake. If you reach down the back corner of the intake you will find the 3 wire sensor back there. While the manual says to remove the intake, it is not needed as there is enough room. There is a small tab on the wire harness that holds the connector into the sensor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do I have revmove the covers from the top of the engine?

Also is the sensor in the miiddle or off to one side while standing in front of the raditor?

My issue is that my oil pressure gague read full clockwise and with the engine is turned off it goes to about 60. Is the sensor the likely bad component?

Right, the Denali has other covers. Yes the top and drivers side will make it much easier to change it.
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience: GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried to see it today but will have to work on next weekend.

Thanks for the support and God Bless.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The oil pressure guage reads full clockwise with engine running.

With the engine oiff it is around 60.

What could cause this manfunctioning of the oil pressure gage?

NO that is not the sensor, that is the gauge itself. THey are bad for this and often it is cheaper to get the gauge fixed. These are rebuilt by many people on Ebay or the net and the average price is about 100.
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic