Dave Nova
Dave Nova, GMC Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

Gmc: terrain..a 30,000 mile check up really necessary

gmc terrain Is a 30,000 mile check up really necessary? My dealer wants $600.00. What should I DO?
Category: GM
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your GMC problem.

According to GMs recommedation, at 30,000 miles you should change the engine oi and filter and rotate the tires. All other items are inspect only. If the air filter is very dirty, go ahead and replace it, otherwise it is not due to be replaced until 50,000 miles. Transmission fluid is not due to be replaced until 100,000 miles and spark plugs at 100,000. None of the additional services that they are trying to sell you are absolutely necessary. Additional maintenance of course will not hurt the vehicle, only your pocketbook. It is primarily a way to generate extra business for the dealership.