GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

2005 Yukon: cargo..key fob or locks on door panels..unlocked

2005 Yukon. Rear cargo door, both lift gate and glass, will not lock with key fob or locks on door panels. The cargo door always remains unlocked. Any thoughts?
Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.
If the rear passenger doors also do not work then check the lock and unock relays. If they do, then check the ecc fuse in the left dash fuse block. If that is good then you need to get the rear trim off and check the actuator for power. These are common for failing and are about 350. It is easier since it is unlocked to get the trim off.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Rear passenger doors work fine. ECC fuse is good and rear climate control works (on same fuse). I guess it must be the actuator unless you can think of anything else. the rear cargo liftgate simply does not lock.
The only thing left is the actuator then. They are common for failure.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What is its exact name, tried looking it up on GM's part website, no luck. Is it a liftgate door lock actuator motor?
It is, GM part numer 15808595.