GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

How do you replace the blend door / air flow actuator?

how do you replace the blend door / air flow actuator?
Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.
Did you try recalibrating it first?
If not then take the HVAC fuse out, wait 10 seconds, put it in and start for 3 mins. Then do that 2 more times.
See if that helps. IF not then you will need to remove part of the dash and knee bolster to get at that actuator ont he drivers side of the heater case
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this is going to be the actuator that controls the air flow from the dash to the floor and to the deforster
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Yes, there are a few doors on this, and the mode door is pictured below.
I double checked and you need only remvoe the duct to get at it. #1 is the actautor.
graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Great Smile this is what I'm looking for but where is this all located?
Above the fuel pedal area on the drivers side. Take that cover off above the pedal to get at that area.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much have a great daySmileSmile
Please reply back if you need additional help or press ACCEPT If my answer was helpful. You can reopen it at any time by replying to it and I will answer ASAP. PLease keep in mind that as experts on this site, we are only compensated for our time spent helping customers once ACCEPT is selected. Thanks again for using Just Answer. Cam.