Pete, GMC Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealership technician and training.

2009 GMC: reduced power..a dirty throttle body causing the problem

I took my year old 2009 GMC Sierra into the dealer because the Stablitrak was turning off and causing the engine to go into reduced power. They told me that it is a dirty throttle body causing the problem. Sounds unrelated. It has 20,000 miles on it.
They said that recommended cleaning of the throttle body is 15,000 miles. Does all that sound right to you?
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

This vehicle uses an electronic throttle body that can build up carbon like any other throttle body bore and plate but when this electronic throttle body builds up the carbon it then can cause issues including the service stability lights or stabilitrak lights like this.

This can be a common issue that can cause the problem you have here.

If you want to you can clean off the carbon as best as possible with a shop rag with some brake cleaner or similar on it and wipe out the throttle bore,pop open the throttle plate gently and wipe this out as well.Then see if you still have a stabilitrak issue.

If you do then I would take it back into the dealer and have them re check it and let them know you have cleaned the carbon and it didn't correct this issue.

But these do need cleaned from time to time to help prevent issues similar to this.Eventually without cleaning it can cause a check engine light to come on and even idle or surging issues.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!