Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

000 miles..the keyless locking sytem and the retractable mirrors

Customer Question

I have a very low millage ( 34000 miles) 2003 Hummer H-2 that I bought to replace a 2003 H-2 that had 270,000 miles on it and I am having trouble with the keyless locking sytem and the retractable mirrors. The keyless looking and unlocking signal will only work if the remote is with 10 feet of the vehicle ( my last h-2 worked from my third floor office to the parking lot). I have replace the remote ( $90.00) and the battery. The retractable mirrors dont work , but the mirror adjustment does . I have replace the drivers side door switch thinking the mirror switch had gone bad. I never had any trouble with the mirrors on my last h-2. The dealer says that both mirrors are bad which seems odd that two separate motors would go out simultaneously . They have tried the reprogramimg of the mirrors and locks to no avail. Could the bcm be bad, and would that explain the errant electrical problems? the dealer says they cant say for sure....Hepl!
Category: GM
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

The keyless entry works with the passenger door module which sends signal to the body control module to follow through with functions. Considering remote doesnt work from far away and directly controls the passenger door module that is where I would start with the issue by replacing passenger door module. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.