GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

99 GMC Yukon: me what transmission and transfer case..correct one

After I received my answer I tried asking another related question but apparently it didnt go through.
Anyway I was wondering if Y'all could tell me what transmission and transfer case my 99 GMC Yukon has. I need to know so I can order the correct one for my vehicle so that I can replace it with a working transfer case.
Thanks'
Steve Hoffmann

GM Tech (Cam) :

Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.

GM Tech (Cam) :

What is your VIn please?

JACUSTOMER-azjtrz8i- :

This is a 1999 GMC Yukon SLT 4x4, 5.7 L v-8 engine

JACUSTOMER-azjtrz8i- :

VIN # XXXXX

GM Tech (Cam) : Ok, you have a 4L60E transmission, and if this has the Auto 4wd , 2wd, and 4lo with 4hi, then it is the NP8 transfercase
JACUSTOMER-azjtrz8i- :

Thanks Cam,

JACUSTOMER-azjtrz8i- :

Sorry its taken so long to get back to ya but I got busy and stuff.
So an NP8 is not the same as an NP241 is it? I was looking online earlier and saw some of them that came out of late '90 series 1500 pick-up trucks.

GM Tech (Cam) :

no, the 241 is a manual case,

JACUSTOMER-azjtrz8i- :

ok that explains that, thanks alot!

GM Tech (Cam) :

Please reply back if you need additional help or press ACCEPT so that the question may be closed out. You can reopen it at any time by replying to it and I will answer ASAP. PLease keep in mind that as experts on this site, we are only compensated for our time spent helping customers once ACCEPT is selected. Thanks again for using Just Answer. Cam.