Dave Nova
Dave Nova, GMC Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

GMC Sierra 2006 Sierra, 70000 mi, now displays service airbag

2006 Sierra, 70000 mi, now displays service airbag annunciation. No accidents, no bumps or bruises that would trigger a g load. I am reading that this is a common issue? What guidance would you recommend? Thank you, Rick
Category: GM
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your GMC problem.

This light being on can be due to a great number of things. There is a problem that is common to these trucks. It is a bad connection at the drivers side kick panel. Remove the drivers side kick panel and unplug the yellow connector and reconnect. Do this 3 times and then turn the key on again and see if the light is still on. If the light goes out then this connector will need to be replaced. If the light does not go out then you have another problem and you will need to have the airbag system scanned for trouble codes.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay, did that. Light still on. Guess it is off to the dealer now. Thank you for your guidance. Have a nice day. Rick