Pete, GMC Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealership technician and training.

GMC 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3 DTC P069E Fuel Pump Control Module

Customer Question

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3 DTC P069E Fuel Pump Control Module P0231 Fuel Pump Feedback circuit short/low. There are no driveability symptoms or problems. What are the most likeley causes for these codes at 56,000 miles? Thanks in advance.
Category: GM
Expert:  Pete replied 5 years ago.
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

Code P069E will set when code p0231 sets these are both in relation to each other.

What needs to be checked is to make sure the wiring to the fuel pump is o.k. and isn't shorted to ground or voltage or has any weak spots or breaks in it,then if any of this is found repair as needed.

The most common cause for this concern would be a faulty fuel pump control module (FPCM).If this is intermittently failing it will cause these codes to set and the vehicle may still run and drive normally.

This would have to be tested to see if it is faulty and then replaced if needed.This is one of the more common components to fail and cause this concern on your vehicle here.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is the fuel pump control a plug and play unit or does it require programming upon installation? The wiring all looked good.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 years ago.
My description of this module on this vehicle doesn't specify if it has to be programmed on your vehicle or not but it should be just plug and play with no programming needed.

Thanks Pete!