GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

2006 GMC: no spark on ignition distributer was changed

I have a 2006 GMC Sierra 4.3, we have no spark on ignition coil. The coil was changed, pickup coil in distributer was changed. The truck stopped while driving and has not satrted since. Cannot get any readings with hand held computer.
Category: GM
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 6 years ago.

Greetings and Welcome to Just answer.

I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept only if you are satisfied. I don't get paid unless you do.Please do not accept if you cannot leave positive feedback. I don't know if you are a tech or a just working on your own vehicle so we may have to fine tune the answer. I only know as much about your problem as you have told me in your post, so my answers will be based on what you tell me so please add all the details you can.

This is likely a bad ignition module. It mounts near the coil on the passengers side of the engine.

What type of hand held computer? DOes it just to codes?