Dave Nova
Dave Nova, GMC Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

I have a 1990 gmc sierra, no hazards, no brake lights

i have a 1990 gmc sierra, no hazards, no brake lights
Do you have voltage at the STOP/HAZ fuse?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If that is that brake fuse then no I don't, and I changed out the turn signal switch already because the switch was no good

Check the fusible links on the passenger side firewall at the junction connector. One of the fusible links may be burned out.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is one in-line fuse, and one other fuse, no other in the engine compartment passenger side firewall

There should be two leads coming from the positive battery terminal. One goes to the starter, the other to a junction block with fusible links, like in the diagram below. Follow the positive battery lead to the junction block, then check fusible links.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yeah i got power after the links, just reading over the schematic as well
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

would passenger side power window not working have something to do with it? cause thats not working either, lol

The windows are a separate circuit. Both left and right windows operate off the same circuit breaker.

The circuit that powers the brake lights also powers the headlights. If the headlights are working, you should have power to the brake light fuse. Test the thick orange wire going into the fuse panel for power. You may need to remove the fuse panel and check connections on the backside of the brake light fuse.