Gary
Gary, GMC Technician
Experience:  15 years gm master tech/15 years ASE master tech

traction control..abs and stability control lights are all on..brakes

My traction control, ABS and stability control lights are all on. Mt brakes have been checked and I have an estimated 50% wear left on the front and 30% on the rear. Do I have a bad sensor of some sort?
Category: GM
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
was the ABS light on before the brake inspection?or you had the inspection done because the light came on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All 3 lights came on about the same time and come on every time I turn the truck on for about a month. I just had the brakes checked two days ago, thinking maybe they were beyond normal wear and affecting the ABS, traction control and stability control capabilities of the truck.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
ok if the ABS light is on there is a code in the ABS system and when you have an ABS code it will illuminate the traction control and the stability lights.( do to its telling you that they can not function if you needed them due to the ABS code) the first step you need to do is find out what ABS code is in the ABS computer.any shop with scan tool capabilitys can pull the code.9 times out of 10 it ends up being one or both of the front wheel speed sensors acting up and you end up just replacing both sensors.but the code will tell you what area is acting up in the ABS
Gary, GMC Technician
Experience: 15 years gm master tech/15 years ASE master tech
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are these codes read from under the dash - the same plug-in as reading other codes from warning lights? If so, I had a check-engine light on because the gas cap was messed up. After I replaced, the Advance Auto parts guy reset the check engine light and it didn't come back on. Or are the brake codes you refer to read from plugging in somewhere else?
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
you still plug into the same port as you do for reading PCM (engine codes) but they need a scan tool to be able to talk to the ABS and get the code or codes.a regular code reader will not work.those just read PCM codes not ABS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK, thanks. Does this possibly have anything to do with my speedometer going wacky about once a week and reading abnormally high speeds?
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
yes it could very well be related.that ABS code is the key to fixing this!