GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

2007 trailblazer: my seatbelt is stuck in the locked position..unlock

my seatbelt is stuck in the locked position and I can not get it to unlock. 2007 trailblazer
Category: GM
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 6 years ago.
Greetings and Welcome to Just answer.Do you mean a seatbelt is stuck in the female part of the buckle?
If so you will need to replace the buckle and if you cannot manually open the buckle and release it, then you will need to replace the belt as wel.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, I guess I should of said the belt is stuck. It's like when you push on the brakes and the belt locks, well it wont unlock. The belt is actually stuck around the head rest and will not come out soI can get it off. It is locked from where ever it rolls up at. Is there any kind of release for the seat belt?

No, that is internal fault. If I may be honest, since this has failed, I would not trust it if it did let loose, I would replace it either way. THese have a 0 tolerance in my books, one glitch and it gets new, safety is far too important to take even the slightest chance.