GMC Expert
GMC Expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs experience, ase certified, shop owner
22989858

03 duramax starts when its cold stalls..cant find where..leaks

Customer Question

03 duramax starts when its cold stalls when its warm may run for a week ,may run for a day,may not start at all. 3 different mechahics say air is getting in fuel lines but cant find where. fuel lines have all been checked for leaks. sometimes bleeding lines will get me started but only temporary
Category: GM
Expert:  GMC Expert replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.

Very often this is a sign a faulty injectors many of these have an extended warranty to replace faulty injectors. In order to rule out the air problem, simply install a piece of clear plastic tubing in the fuel line before it gets to the fuel distributor and watch as you try to start the truck to see if there any air bubbles present in the tube