Danny, GMC Technician
Experience:  Fleet mech with gmc vehicles as our primary service auto's

My blower motor keeps running after car is turned off. It stops

My blower motor keeps running after car is turned off. It stops only if I remove the fuse. How can I fix this?
The radiator fan or heating and ac fan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The problem is the air conditioner blower continues to run after car is off. I remove the blower fuse and it stops. Fuse 35 as I recall.
You probably have a blower control module that is bad. the probablility for this increases if you are in cold weather right now. but none the less will still be connected to the module.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

How do I repair this? IS the module accessible from the engine or interior? Can you buy these at Autozone?

Bulletin No.: 06-01-39-002C

Date: January 18, 2008

Blower Motor Inoperative or May Not Shut Off in Extremely Low Ambient Temperature Conditions (Replace Blower Motor Control Module)

2004-2007 Buick Rainier
2003-2006 Cadillac Escalade Models
2003-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2003-2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Models
2007 Chevrolet Silverado (Classic)
2003-2006 GMC Sierra Models Yukon Models
2003-2007 GMC Envoy Models
2007 GMC Sierra (Classic)
2003-2004 Oldsmobile Bravada
2003-2006 HUMMER H2 Models

with Automatic Temperature Control HVAC System (RPO CJ2)

This bulletin is being revised to update the model years that are affected and add the Oldsmobile Bravada. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 06-01-39-002B (Section 01 - HVAC).

Some customers may comment that the blower motor is inoperative or continues to run after the vehicle has been shut off.

These conditions may be caused by a blower motor control module failure. This failure may occur when the vehicle is operated in ambient temperature conditions of-23°C (-10°F) or below.

Replace the blower motor control module if the vehicle experienced a blower motor control module failure in extremely cold ambient temperature conditions.

Technicians are to replace the blower motor control module also called the Linear Power Module (LPM) with the P/N listed below. Refer to either the Blower Motor Control Processor Replacement or Blower Motor Processor Replacement-Auxiliary procedures in SI. After replacement of the blower motor control module the customer may notice a slightly higher than expected blower motor speed at any of the blower speed settings.

Parts Information

Warranty Information

For vehicles repaired under warranty, use the table.

I am not for sure yet. I will check for you but it will be morning before I know if its a dealer only item.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Would you recommend a so so capable mechanically inclined guy replace this or take it to a garage shop?
lets find out the location first if you have to take the whole dash out i wouldnt wish that on anyone. But modules usually arnt buried that deep
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK, Thanks Daniel, I will loook for your direction tomorrow, Casey

I have requested replacement instructions also so i willl let you have a look at them too.

Sorry my data failed me. but we will have the info in the moring about 10

Its kinda a dealer item but call pep boy's or auto or major parts store to make sure you cant special order it. here is a pdf of replacement and testing and location as promised.