Ron Z.
Ron Z., - GMC Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & GM Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

2005 Canyon: this code P0506 IDLE CONTROL SYSTEM RPM SLOW, WHAT CAN I

Customer Question

I have 2005 Canyon that has this code P0506 IDLE CONTROL SYSTEM RPM SLOW, WHAT CAN I DON TO FIX THIS PROBLEM
Category: GM
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.

This p-code is pointing to a fault internal of the Throttle Body. There a re a few things to check: Check for any vacuum leaks around throttle body, make sure the throttle body butterfly plate is clean and does not have build-up on it, and check to make sure your PCV is in working order. If these all check ok, suspect a faulty throttle actuator, which is built into the throttle body. The throttle body will need to be replaced as a unit.

graphic

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.

I was just doing a follow-up to see how you made out? Please support the Techs that bring the quality information and services that make Just Answer the great site that it is! If you are satisfied with my answer and feel it has helped you, please click Accept. If you cannot find the Accept button, simply type "I Accept" in reply to this message.

Thanks in advance!