ironmike
ironmike, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  30 years L1, GM certified
11302663

2007 Chevy: 4wd..radiator and hoses do not have a removable clamp

2007 Chevy Duramax 4wd - Can't find a drain plug on radiator and hoses do not have a removable clamp. How do I drain the radiator to change the fluid?

greetings,
if you like you can drain the coolant from the engine block. On the left and right front there are threaded plugs(use sealer or teflon tape putting back). Most dealers flush and get access from the upper hose.

graphic

good luck

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Upper hose? The connections there are also some kind of plastic permanent band. I assume that there is a special tool to work those, or otherwisr you replace it all. I just want to drain out the old fluid and put in new.

Do I use demin water now?

the lower hose has a clip just like the trans lines. A pain to do but can be done. That is why I said to drain from the engine block plug.

to remove the lower hose

Using a bent-tip screwdriver or equivalent, pull on one of the open ends of the retaining ring in order to rotate the retaining ring.

Rotate the retaining ring (3) around the quick connector until the retaining ring is out of position and can be completely removed.

Remove the radiator outlet hose (2) from the quick connector fitting at the radiator