car tech
car tech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year master tech and shop owner

How do I replace a window motor lift on front drivers side gmc canyon

Customer Question

Category: GM
Expert:  car tech replied 4 years ago.
you must remove the regulator to change the motor i will get the info to remove the regulator after it is out the motor just bolts with 3 bolts
Expert:  car tech replied 4 years ago.
Front Side Door Window Regulator Replacement

Power window regulator (A31) shown, manual window regulator (without A31) similar.

Removal Procedure

1. Remove the front door trim panel.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

1. Remove the bolts retaining the front door window to the window regulator.
  2. Remove the front door window.
    Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

3. Disconnect the electrical connector from the window regulator motor, if equipped with A31.
  4. Loosen the bolts (1) retaining the window regulator to the inner panel at the keyhole slot locations.
  5. Remove the remaining fasteners retaining the window regulator to the inner panel.
  6. Remove the window regulator from the door by lifting the regulator up, and out of the keyhole slots, and removing the regulator out through the access hole.

Installation Procedure

1. Install the front door window regulator into the front door through the access hole.
    Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

2. Position the window regulator to the inner panel by sliding the regulator bolts (1) into the keyhole slots in the inner panel.

Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in the Preface section.

3. Install the fastener retaining the front door window regulator to the door.

Tighten
    Tighten the front window regulator fasteners to 9 N·m (80 lb in).

4. Connect the electrical connector to the window regulator motor, if equipped with A31.
    Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

5. Install the front door window. .
  6. Install the bolts retaining the window to the window regulator.

Tighten
    Tighten the front door window bolts to 9 N·m (80 lb in).

7. Install the front door water deflector.
  8. Install the front door trim panel
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

next step please

Expert:  car tech replied 4 years ago.
im sorry what do you need do you have the regulator out
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
Expert:  car tech replied 4 years ago.
Front Side Door Window Regulator Motor Replacement

Removal Procedure

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

Caution: Do not attempt to service the regulator motor without releasing the counterbalance spring tension. The regulator lift arm is under tension from the counterbalance spring and can cause personal injury if the motor is removed from the regulator.

1. Remove the front door window regulator.
  2. Drill a hole (1) through the window regulator bracket and lift arm.
  3. Install a nut and bolt through the hole (1) to secure the lift arm while the motor is removed.
    Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

4. Remove the bolts retaining the front window regulator motor to the regulator bracket.
  5. Remove the front window regulator motor from the regulator.

Installation Procedure

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

1. Install the front window regulator motor to the regulator.

2. Install the bolts retaining the front window regulator motor to the regulator bracket.

Tighten
    Tighten the front window regulator motor bolts to 4.5 N·m (40 lb in).

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

3. Remove the nut and bolt securing the lift arm to the regulator bracket.
  4. Install the front window regulator to the front door