GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
10949255

how do I change headlight bulb, 2007 GMC Yukon Denali

Category: GM
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 4 years ago.
Welcome. High or low beam, left or right?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
right low beam

Ok, there is enough room to do this if you only take the air filter housing out and the rubber flap. Remove the clamp and pull up on the housing to remove. Use a screw driver to remove the push pins and remove the rubber flap. Then you can twist and remove the bulb.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so it will be a different procedure if I have to change left low beam, since I plan to upgrade the left one too to a brighter and upgraded bulb

Yes, because the actual procedure requires the removal, the right side is a short cut.

Headlamp Replacement (Yukon)
Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SF

Callout

Component Name

Preliminary Procedures

1. Remove the 2 forward wheelhouse liner screws.
  2. Remove the 2 washer container push pins.
  3. Open the hood.
  4. Remove the 6 upper fascia bolts right to the hood latch mechanism.
  5. Remove the lower rear fascia bolt from the support bracket.
  6. Loosen the 2 fascia to fender bolts from under the fascia.
  7. Pull the outboard end of the front fascia straight outboard until it disengages from the fender attachment bracket.
  8. Pull the fascia forward and downward to allow enough clearance to remove the headlamp assembly.
  9. Loosen the lower outboard attachment bolts.
  10. Remove the 2 upper headlamp bolts.
  11. Grasp the headlamp at the upper inboard and lower outboard side and pull the headlamp forward to disengage the locating tab.
  12. Pull the outboard side of the headlamp forward until the 2 locating pins disengage from the radiator support.
  13. Disconnect the forward lamp harness connector.

1

Headlamp Bolt (Qty: 2)

Tip
Secure the headlamp using the sequence as listed.

Tighten
6 N·m (53 lb in)

2

Headlamp Bolt

Tip
Loosen the lower outer fender bolt but do not remove.

Tighten
6 N·m (53 lb in)

3

Headlamp Assembly

Tip
Upon assembly, align the 2 outer locating pins and one inner alignment tab to the radiator support prior to applying pressure to the lamp in order to seat the lamp.

GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience: GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.