GMC Tech
GMC Tech, GMC Technician
Experience:  Pa state emissions cert. GM training in all areas. 5 years as a technician top of graduating class.

Yukon: the driver side floor is wet.It appears to be coming

I have a 07 Yukon,and the driver side floor is wet.It appears to be coming from underneath the carpet since I have pulled it back to see if I could tell where it was coming from.It is just the driver side and the stuff underneath the carpet is soaked.Thanks
Category: GM
Expert:  GMC Tech replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomerthere is a service bulletin on the parking brake grommet pulling out of the hole causing the floor to get wet. I would definitely check it out. I'll post the document below.

#PIT4678: Water Leak At Drivers Floor - keywords brake cable cowl deploy deployment front hood ip left odor park pretensioner side sir under unwanted - (Jul 15, 2008)

Subject:Water Leak At Drivers Floor

Models:2007-2009 Cadillac Escalade, EXT, ESV
2007-2009 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2007-2009 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon Denali, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali XL

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Some owners may comment that the front driver's floor is wet. This concern could be caused by the parking brake cable grommet being unseated at the cowl. Grommet orientation was determined to be the contributor of it staying retained in the cowl hole.

Re-install the grommet with the plastic material at the top (12:00 position) and the rubber material at the bottom (6:00 position), as shown below. With the grommet in this orientation it has better retention in the cowl hole.

1. Plastic Material
  2. Rubber Material

If this has helped please hit the accept button otherwise i do no receive credit. Positive feedback and bonuses are appreciated.