GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

2002 olds bravada: the check engine control..harness

Customer Question

hi I have a 2002 olds bravada, lately the check engine light comes on ( service engine soon light ) , runs rough. light flashes when under a load up hill, cruise control does not work when this hsppens. unplugging the cable harness by the battery and reseating it will sometimes cure the problem, but not for long. happens very frequently, replaced fuel cap.
Category: GM
Expert:  GMC Tech replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomerhave you had the vehicle scanned for codes?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi, the vehicle was scanned . the codes was for vacum leak.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi, the vehicle was scanned . the codes was for vacum leak. if i adjust hoses it will straighten up abd run good for a short while. then it will do it again.
Expert:  GMC Tech replied 6 years ago.
Sorry i have been trying to get back to you but there must be a problem with the web site. It would be helpful if you could give me the codes.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi I don't have them . the problem started right after my girlfriend bought the vehicle used. she had it to auto zone, where they thought the gas cap was at fault. we put a new cap on, the light went out for a couple of days. we just traveled to Daytona Beach forom wisconsin this week. Now when the engine runs good the cruise control works fine, while driving it will start to miss and then the CC will not work. If we stop the car and I unhook the wire assembly by the battery the engine will smoth out and work for awhile, I also ghave adjusted the vacume line from tghe master cylynder that seems to correct it also. we took it in for an oil change at the GM dealer before leaving for Daytona and they couldn't find anything wrong and reset the light. within a few hours it started up again. seems to happen when going up hill the light starts flashing if you back off it stops but remains on.
Expert:  GMC Tech replied 6 years ago.
I'm going to opt out so another expert can help you. Please do not answer back or i'll be locked on this question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
is there anybody out there