GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

2002 GMC Yukon: fuel filter..V8 flex fuel..metal..fuel line

I am changing a fuel filter on a 2002 GMC Yukon XL 5.3 V8 flex fuel. The old one came off with some difficulty. When the old filter released a yellow rubber seal, a black plastic bushing, a thin metal washer, and a black rubber seal came out of the fitting on the engine side fuel line. In what order do those other pieces assemble back into the fuel line?

Welcome. I have not had one come out, nor is there any directions for this in the manuals. Did you use the special tool to release the engine side of the filter?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No special tool, I used a pair of pliers to release the plastic connector that attaches the filter to the engine side fuel line.

Ok, this is an educated guess. As I said these don't usually come apart. I think the metal washer goes in first, then the black seal, then the black bushing and the yellow seal.