FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified
1627031

My abs warning light stays on my dash, what could it be.

Customer Question

my abs warning light stays on my dash, what could it be.
Category: GM
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 4 years ago.
HelloCustomer is the light on as soon as you start the vehicle? Is this the only light that is on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
as soon as i start the vehicle, the light comes and stays on
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
just wondering if you received my last reply?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 4 years ago.
Okay. What you are going to need to is is get me the codes in the system. Put a small wire or paper clip between the two terminals in the diagnostic connector shown below. This is under the drivers side of the dash. WHen you insert the clip between these two terminals with the key on the ABS light will flash. Count the flashes. You will get a quick set of flashes and a short pause and another set of flashes followed by a longer pause. You count the fast flashes and that is the first number and then the short pause followed by the next number. After the long pause there may be abother code that comes up. Let me know what you find and we can go from there.

graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
where would this be at
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 4 years ago.
It is under the drivers side of the dash.
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience: ASE Master Certified
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
code 2525
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 4 years ago.
Okay. This code is for the left front wheel speed sensor. You need to start by making sure that the wiring to this sensor is intact. It goes to the back of the brake assembly. If the wiring looks fine then follow it up into the engine compartment just to be sure. If it is fine then the sensor may be bad.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
can you send me picture of this
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 4 years ago.
The picture below showns the sensor when removed from the vehicle. You will be ablt to see thw wiring from the back of the brake assembly.
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have a 4wheel drive, would the sensor be it the same place

Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 4 years ago.
Is this a 1/2 ton truck?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 4 years ago.
Okay. Then it is different. The sensor is part of the front hub bearing assembly as shown.
The wiring is still in the same place.

graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you for all your help
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 4 years ago.
No problem. Let me know if you need any other help.