John, GMC Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN/40 years experience
6408229

2005yukondenali: engage..passenger..The memory module keeps clicking

2005 yukon denali xl power seat (heat) will not engage for either passenger or driver. The memory module keeps clicking off. Is this a known problem with the module. I have checked the wiring and it all looks fine. The seats are in good shape. All other functions work fine and if you are moving the seat back and forth the heat function will stay lit until you stop then it will click off.

The vin # XXXXX
I will need the correct part number for the memory module with heat for this vehicle

Category: GM
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Your problem can be a seat control module or a faulty wiring circuit.The correct way to diagnose this problem is to use a scan tool to verify BCM (body control module) data functions.

• Install a scan tool.
  • Observe the Seat Adjuster Switch parameters in the driver seat module Input/Output data list.

Operate the seat adjuster switches in both directions.

Does the scan tool display the correct switch status parameters in relation to the actual switch positions?

1. Disconnect the seat adjuster switch connector.
    2. Using a DMM test for battery voltage at the switch supply voltage circuit terminal in the harness connector.
  • If the parameters are correct & voltage is good,replace seat module.
  • I do not have the part # XXXXX the seat module you will need GM parts ,this # XXXXX been updated several times.