Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, GMC Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.

2002 GMC Yukon: pump motor..stop running..abs and break light on

Got a c0287, c0267, and a c0265 abs codes from my equos 3160 on a 2002 GMC Yukon/XL. Basically the pump motor will not stop running all of a sudden. The fluid is at full capacity.

I have pulled the 60A ABS fuse for the time being leaving the ABS and break light on.
Category: GM
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 6 years ago.
If the pump motor won't shut off, you'll need to replace the EBCM under the truck. The pump relay is integral to the EBCM. It's about a $1000 repair at the shop, not a particularly fun job if you're a DIY guy.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

What would have caused this to happen? Truck only has 75K or so on it?

I have looked into new parts and see about the cheapest for 700+, what about refurb units?

There is no "reason" that it happens, it's just a bad part. I've seen a few of them, it's not entirely uncommon unfortunately. I've never seen a reman EBCM for this application, although that doesn't mean nobody makes one. I just don't know of anyone that does. I feel your pain, though. My advice: try a junkyard, you can probably find one for $200 or so, maybe less if the proprietor doesn't realize what they're worth.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Check this guy out...

Either that or just accept driving the old way, no ABS.

That looks like a good option. More often than not, I find the screws that hold the EBCM onto the hydraulic unit to be extremely corroded, thus making them difficult or impossible to remove. If you live in a salty part of the country, you'll see what I mean when you tear into it. Otherwise, that looks like a reasonable option. :-)