Shane
Shane, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Certified with L1, two years GM dealership experience
26328330

2001 GMC Yukon: power window problems..drivers side window..only comes

I am having power window problems with my 2001 GMC Yukon. Yesterday the drivers side window is stuck down and only comes up one inch, both windows on the passenger side will not go down but the drivers side passenger side does go up and down. Everything else seems to be working fine. Is this a fuse problem
Category: GM
Expert:  Shane replied 6 years ago.
Hello, this sounds like a motor or regulator issue. Do you hear any crunching noises?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no crunching sounds just seems to be a lack of power to get the drivers side window to go up more than one inch. It will go down and come back up but only one inch and I can not pull it up with one hand will hitting the power window button with the other hand, I did just go back out and the passenger side windows are now working, they seem to be a little slow. I did just pull the power window circut breaker from the fuse panel and may go to see if this is the problem.
Expert:  Shane replied 6 years ago.
Ok, you need to make sure you have battery voltage at the window motor, when trying to move it back up. remove the door panel and unplug the window motor, use a volt meter to check for battery voltage in EACH direction at the motor connector.
Expert:  Shane replied 6 years ago.

Let me know if you need procedure for removing door panel or any othe information