jim, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician A6,A8,L1 and Califronia Licensed Smog Technician

2005 GMC Envoy I have a diagnostic code P0410 Secondary air

2005 GMC Envoy I have a diagnostic code P0410 "Secondary air injection system malfunction" what does this code mean?
Category: GM
Expert:  jim replied 6 years ago.

This code is related to the air injection system. It is an emission control device. It injects air into the exhaust system to help reduce emissions. The following test would need to be done to isolate the problem. Hope this helpful.

Disconnect the hose coming from the air pump, and with it running verify that there is good output from the pump itself.

With the engine running and the pump commanded on, verify that there is power and ground to the shutoff valve to turn it on.

If the power and ground are present, remove the shutoff valve to the exhaust manifold and see if the airflow is making it out of the shutoff valve and into the exhaust with the engine running and the air pump commanded on.