car tech
car tech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year master tech and shop owner

2002 gmc yukon want start security won;t let fuel on

try this

30 Minute Learn Procedure

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON; the vehicle will not start.
  3. Observe the SECURITY telltale; after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
  4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
  5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes; the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.

Important: The vehicle learns the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password XXXXX the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

6. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password.
  7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs, if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Tried all of the above ,with appropiate time.still won't work

does it start then die or dont start at all
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

does turn over ,but fuel shutoff is ingaged by security.have had problems here battery.

if it was the security it would start and die you should hear the fuel pump run for 2 seconds when you turn the key on
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
that's what it does.But I did all of the previous before at ten minute intervals and still won,t start.
have you checked the fuel pressure i dont think its security related may be injector pulse or low pressure maybe you could spray some starting fluid and see if it starts and die if it does we have a pressure or injector pulse issue
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok I will try that.thanks for your help!
let me know the results and i will assist you all i can
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Well the truck started and my wife is on her way home.I will diagnosis the promblem first hand thanks again.I do have acccess to a snap on scanner at work,maybe it can tell me something.I also know there is no fuel codes for this vechicle.but I will check for fuel pressure !

you need any info i will assist you