jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ase certified--32 yrs experience

98 gmc: checked ok..cant find..blend door glove box

i need to know the blend door location on my 98 gmc jimmy please i checked the potetionmeter for the hot and cold and checked ok but i cant find the blend door actuator to check that and visuals would be great thanks also everyone says behind the glove box but it looks like my glove box is moulded and cant see past it please help
Category: GM
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 6 years ago.
hi ,I am going to send this picture and let me know if this is the actuator you are looking for ,it is located at the top right of the case,which would be behind the glove box ,the blend air door actuator is vacuum and is located Bottom front corner of the heater module graphicgraphicthere is a temp actuator ,it is located in the front of the heater case,The defroster valve actuator (4) is located on the bottom left side of the heater/vent module.
graphicThe temperature valve actuator is located on the top right side of the heater case graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Mine is electric but shouldn't it be in the same general area and my glove box looks molded how do I get to it without having to remove my dashboard the images look great thank you for your time and help