GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Gmc Sonoma: Need to know how to unlock theftlock on my codes

Customer Question

Have a Gmc Sonoma 2000! Need to know how to unlock theftlock on my radio! Misplaced my codes!
Category: GM
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 7 years ago.
Turn on the key, press and hold radio preset buttons 2 and 3. There will be a set of numbers appear on the radio display, record these numbers. Press the AM/FM button, another set of numbers will appear, record these as well. Let me know what the numbers are and I can supply the radio code for you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
can't put codes in cause radio has from loc to inop mode!
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 7 years ago.
You will have to leave the key on and the radio on for at least a continuous hour to get the radio out of the inop mode and back into the loc mode. Once the radio is in loc mode, follow the instructions I gave you and let me know what the numbers are that you retrieve from the radio so I can get you the unlock code.