GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

2001 buick regal: have a timing chain/belt

does the 2001 buick regal have a timing chain/belt? does the 1999 GMC Sonoma have a timing chain?

Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for asking your question. I look forward to helping you fix your vehicle.

I will try my best to help you and in order to do that, I need you to describe the issue in as much detail because I only know as much about your vehicle as you have told me in your post, so my answer will be based on what you have posted.

My goal is your satisfaction and I ask that you not accept unless you are satisfied, but if you are satisfied, please accept so I can receive credit for my work and time. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and bonuses are always welcomed.

Please feel free to reply as needed.

Both of these have a timing chain.

Edited by GM Tech on 10/10/2009 at 3:07 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't have any slipping or any trouble, however, I am a person that likes to correct b4 a problem if there is one. Can this timing chain be checked, or do we wait to see if it goes out?
The only way to check is to remove the front cover and check it. Chances are they are fine. These chains rarely give troubles.