Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2001 GMC: diagram..dash board assembly..heater core

do you have a diagram or directions for reinstalling dash board assembly for a 2001 GMC Jimmy. Dash was removed to replace heater core.
Category: GM
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

Here are directions:

• Install retained parts from the original instrument panel.
    graphic

• Install the instrument panel to the vehicle.

Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

• Install the fastener that retains the radio antenna cable to the instrument panel.

Tighten
    Tighten the fastener to 1.9 N·m (17 lb in).

• Connect the electrical connectors, as needed.
  • Roll the instrument panel up.
  • Install the top instrument panel screws.

Tighten
    Tighten the screws to 1.9 N·m (17 lb in).

• Raise the steering column into position.
  • Install the left and right instrument panel driver knee bolster brackets.

Tighten
    Tighten the screws/bolts to 6.3 N·m (56 lb in).

• Enable the passenger side SIR system.
  • Install the HVAC control assembly to the instrument panel. Install the radio. Install the instrument cluster.
  • Install the knee bolster.

Important: Always connect the purple electrical connector to the BCM before connecting the brown electrical connector to the BCM.

• Connect the purple electrical connector to the body control module (BCM).
  • Connect the brown electrical connector to the body control module (BCM).
  • If the vehicle is equipped with a sunload sensor, install the sensor to the defroster grille by twisting the sensor ¼ turn clockwise.

• Install the windshield defroster grille by carefully pressing the grille into place.
  • Install the left and right speakers and the speaker grilles. graphic

• Install the lower right instrument panel mounting bolt.

Tighten
    Tighten the bolt to 11.5 N·m (102 lb in).

• Install the instrument panel storage compartment. Install the lower left instrument panel bolt.
  • Tighten

• Install the center sound insulator. Install the right sound insulator. Install the center console to the vehicle, if removed. Install the left sound insulator. Connect the battery negative cable.
  • On vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission, perform the following steps:
    26.1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
    26.2. Depress the brake pedal and shift the transmission to the PARK position.
    26.3. Release the park brake.
  • On vehicles equipped with a manual transmission, install the shift lever.
  •  

Please click the ACCEPT BUTTON or ask for more help

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
    Experience: 20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.