MPMoore
MPMoore, GM WORLD CLASS/ASE MASTER W/L1 GMC
Experience:  15 YEARS AS GM TECH, TEAM LEADER/SHOP FOREMAN AT A GMC DEALERSHIP
4232346

Can I fix P0327....Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Low Input (Bank 1

Can I fix P0327....Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Low Input (Bank 1 or Single Sensor) problem myself on a 2005 GMC Envoy or do I have to take it to the dealer? What about my local mechanic instead of the deaer?
Category: GM
Expert:  MPMoore replied 7 years ago.
What size engine is in your envoy?? 4.2 liter I-6 or 5.3 liter v-8.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
4.2 litre I-6.
Expert:  MPMoore replied 7 years ago.
The knock sensors are located on the side of the engine and can be replaced by you. They are held in by one bolt and is very easy to replace, you have to get it from under the truck. Sensor 1 is located towards the front of the engine.

Object Number: 727528  Size: SH

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Will my problem be fixed simply by replacing the sensor or is something else wrong with engine?

Expert:  MPMoore replied 7 years ago.
You can inspect the wiring to the sensor to make sure its not chafed or cut, inspect the sensor to make sure the connector at the sensor is clean. If it checks out, then the sensor is most likely the problem. If you have a scan tool that can read codes, you can switch the front and rear sensors, clear the code and if the check engine light comes back on, check the code. If p0332 sets, then the sensor is bad, if p0327 resets, then you may have a wiring issue. Make sure you clear the code if you replace the sensor, it will take a long time for the check engine light to go out after the sensor is replaced with out clearing the code.