goodwrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  37 years of dealership exp. Ase Master Certified, GM Master Certified Tech. Awarded GM Top performer

2000 GMC: passenger power window is stuck in the down position

2000 GMC Sierra SLE - passenger power window is stuck in the down position - I can raise and lower a little bit but window won't rise much above a 1/4 to a 1/3rd of the way up. Suggestions - (I'm not much of a mechanically inclined person to begin with) pictures really help if you have any.
Category: GM
Expert:  goodwrench9124 replied 7 years ago.

Hello, and welcome. if the motor does go up and down, thens tops. normally the window regulator has caome apart. the window regulator is cable driven on a steel track. normally on this vehicle, you can buy the regulator with a motor which is probably your best bet. here is a picture of the regulator and motor.

If there is anything you dont understand, please feel free to ask me to explain.