FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified

My 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 pickup wont start. When I turn the

My 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 pickup won't start. When I turn the key the ignition, the instrument panel lights come on but the vehicle won't start. I replaced the battery and no change in symptons. Pulled the starter and had it checked -Ok. Alternator Ok. No fuses are blown and no codes show up on the computer. My mechanic friend said no power is going to the starter selenoid action wire relay(purple wire) and to get the truck to start he removed starter relay cover and manually pushed the relay making connection with key on. Could it be the ignition module? Something with the theft deterant system?

BotXXXXX XXXXXne - He tells me something is not sending the proper signal relay to do its job.
Category: GM
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer what size engine do you have in the truck?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX 5.7 liter
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 years ago.
Okay. You need to first see if there is power going to the relay from the vehicles computer. If there is then the relay is the problem. If there is not then there is a problem in the circuit. Start by checking to see if the vehicle will start if you put it in nuetral. If it does then the transmission position sensor is faulty. If it still does not start then it may be a problem with the vehicles computer or the ignition switch. Is the vehicle equipped with any other type of antitheft device?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Just the factory antitheft device .... thanks