John, GMC Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN/40 years experience

how do I replace a wiper motor in a 98 gmc yukon.

Category: GM
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer

This should help you.

Windshield Wiper Motor Replacement

Object Number: 348764  Size: SH

1. Remove the wiper arms. .
  2. Remove the air inlet grille panel. .
  3. Disconnect the electrical connector from the motor.

Important: Do not remove the crank arm.

4. Loosen the nuts attaching the drive link brackets to the crank arm.
  5. Remove the brackets from the wiper motor crank arm.
  6. Remove the three bolts and the wiper motor from the vehicle.

Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

Object Number: 348764  Size: SH

1. Install the wiper motor on the vehicle.
  2. Install the three bolts.

Tighten
    Tighten the three bolts to 7 N·m (62 lb in).

3. Install the drive link brackets to the wiper motor crank arm with the right side linkage closest to the wiper motor.

Tighten
    Tighten the link nuts to 5 N·m (44 lb in).

4. Connect the electrical connector to the wiper motor.
  5. Install the air inlet grille panel. Install the wiper arms.

Object Number: 415963  Size: SH

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This doesn,t sound to hard to do but the tighten to 62 and 42 without a torque wrench could be hard to do. What happens if I don,t get then to that torque?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Do not worry about that,think about it when you remove the fastner & try to tighten similar.
John, GMC Technician
Experience: ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN/40 years experience