GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.

2003 GMC Yukon: hatch..Front doors work with remote

Customer Question

2003 GMC Yukon xl; 33300 miles: back doors and hatch will not lock with remote. Front doors work with remote. This is a new problem for me. Suggestions?
Category: GM
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 5 years ago.
Welcome. Do they unlock with the remote?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My goodness you're quick! The back doors will lock manually and will open with the remote.The hatch do not lock at all--so I can't test the unlock feature on it. Is there even a way to lock the hatch manually?
No, the hatch or liftgate use an electric lock actuator. Can you hear anything happening in the rear hatch when you try to unlock the rear hatch?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no, I used to hear a click
Ok, lets start with the rear doors. In the left dash fuse block there are a couple of relays, one lock and one unlock. Swap these relays and see what happens.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm not sure I'm looking at the correct box...I opened a black cover with a plastic knob...inside cover are labels such as 30A cb Seat; 25A CB rt door but I don't see anything labeled "relay". Am I even in the ballpark?
No that is under the dash, the fuse block is at the end of the dash at the left front door.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You must understand that you are talking to a 63 year old lady--so sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I could see the panel but I was afraid to force it open so I got my mini manual out..I found the relays, swithched them and everything works! At least for now...do I need new fuses or were the connections just bad?

and how do I increase your Pay?Smile
I would replace the relay. Once you click accept you have the option to add a bonus.
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience: GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
While I was waiting I found an add amount button...so I upped the total to $20. Thank you so much! But you don't give your name--If I need to come back, how can I ask for you?

I learned a lot and appreciate your expertise

ANY WAY a very big THANK YOULaughing
You can simply click on the link below, and specify FOR BLUE GORILLA to answer. That is my user name, My real name isXXXXX!!!