George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+years ASE Master W/L1 Drivability

1986 GMC S15 Jimmy: 4X4..column..I need a assembly order diagram (

Customer Question

I have a 1986 GMC S15 Jimmy 4X4 (6cyl) - SUV. I'm putting back my stearing column and I have a extra part. I need a assembly order diagram (that my repair manual doesn't provide) that identifies parts, location and order, to figure out where the last piece of the puzzle goes. I went to the dealer and the one he printed out for me doesn't do it. Do you know of a good resourse (hopefully free) that I can get this helpful information?
Category: GM
Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.

I will provide what is available. Sorry but that is all there is.

I will understand if this does not do the job for you

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

You are right, it doesn't quite do it. It is actually lower quality than what I already have. The Item list would be of help if the font was large enough to read, and one image almost makes it readable (but fuzzy when printed). The diagram isn't detailed enough to really tell on the smaller items, and that is exactly what I have a smaller piece.

1-1/8 inch down one leg, and 1- ¼ inch down the other curved leg ,

and 3/16 inch across the width thickness. The material is a flat copper. I'll try and send you some pictures to help. And, yes I still need some help. TY!