legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.
44859865

I received a phone call from a German agency, stating that

Customer Question

I received a phone call from a German agency, stating that they have a 20 year old titulated claim from the Commerz Bank against me. I was a German citizen, left Germany in 1999 and live as an American citizen in the US now. I have no recollection of any amount that high $10000. What are my options.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: CA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have no idea they called me today telling me about it
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: German Law
Expert:  legal eagle replied 1 month ago.

Dear Customer.

what was the agency called ?

What did they want exactly ?

Did they show you any kind of paper work?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I didn't really understand the name Liedle or something similar. They said they have a titulated debt in Deutsche Mark translating into about 9000 Euro from dating back to 1997 . I told them I had no recollection of anything like this and asked them to mail me paperwork. They said that since it is titulated - the debt doesn't expire for 30 years and they have lawyers in the US to peruse this. Also said I would have to pay this in full since it is titulated.

Dear customer,

What they say is true yet they do not have the proof that there really is a title.I would recommend you demand proof by sending you a copy of the title. You can show it to me then and I can tell you whether it's real or not