EULawyer
EULawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Titular Attorney (Avocat) at Ioan-Luca Vlad Law Office
84559455

My husband lives in Germany and I in India ,we got married

Customer Question

Hi ,
My husband lives in Germany and I in India ,we got married and now separated ,he filled for a divorce in germany and believes have been granted one ,I would like to receive a copy of the same ,kindly let me know how can i Do the same
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: German Law
Expert:  EULawyer replied 14 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!
As your European Law expert, I am reviewing your question and will try to find a good answer for you.

Expert:  EULawyer replied 14 days ago.

Dear Madam,

I am very sorry for your situation. Unfortunately, the German courts, while very modern, do not have any kind of online databases, or online means of requesting documents. Normally, your husband should have summonsed you at your address in India, which would have meant that the Court would have also sent you the divorce decree by post. It is probable that he chose instead to give a fake address, or an address in Germany, so as to speed up the process.

You have two options, depending on whether you know which court issued the divorce decree. If you do know the exact court, you can tell me, and I can provide a service consisting of writing a request in German, which you can then send by post, together with a copy of your passport, directly to the court. This would be the cheapest option, because I would only charge a minimal amount.

However, if you do not know the exact court, I cannot help you. You would need to hire an English-speaking German local attorney (lists are available here: https://de.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/englishspeakingservices/), who is the only person who may access internal court databases, to see where the trial took place and find a copy of the Divorce Judgment.

I hope my answer was useful and look forward to your rating, which is essential to my activity.

Cordially,

Dr I L Vlad