hhvgoetz
hhvgoetz, Rechtsanwalt, LL.M.
Experience:  LL.M. in International Trade Law (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK)
48877684

I got a letter from waldorf about copy right infrigement, I

Customer Question

I got a letter from waldorf about copy right infrigement , I payed the amount which was 1000 euro and did not sign anything. Now they keep on writing me that they want me to sign some forms
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: which I did not do, and just now I got a letter with the lat ultimatum or else they will increase the price germany which is strang since I already payed
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: nope
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I have to give a reaction before the first of september
Category: German Law
Expert:  hhvgoetz replied 3 months ago.

if you haven't signed an "Unterlassungserklärung", you may be sued, even if you paid. Things may get mor expensive if you cannot prove or at least explain in detail that it wasn't you who offered protected content for upload.

Even if it wasn't you, it would be recommendable to sign an Unterlassungserklärung (with a few mods from the form used by Waldorf) to reduce the risk of litigation costs. This should be at least supervised by a lawyer.

AND: Make sure that no illegal content will be shared again. Else it will get even more expensive.

Regards