hhvgoetz
hhvgoetz, Rechtsanwalt, LL.M.
Experience:  LL.M. in International Trade Law (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK)
48877684

I am an Egyptian national. I have a long term EU visa issued

Customer Question

I am an Egyptian national. I have a long term EU visa issued from Romania. According to the below German site, it should be possible to obtain a residency permit in Germany and settle there. I would like to know if you have experience in this area, whether you and help me and if you do how much it would cost.
Thank you very much.
http://www.bamf.de/EN/DasBAMF/Aufgaben/Daueraufenthalt/daueraufenthalt-node.html
Category: German Law
Expert:  hhvgoetz replied 3 months ago.

if the Romanian permit is a long term permit according to the European Resident Status Directive of 2003, the holder can just enter Germany and enter register as a resident.

However, there are limitations in obtaining social help such as "Arbeitslosengeld II" if the person just moves to Ermany in order to find a job.

Regards