How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DirkBettinger Your Own Question
DirkBettinger, Rechtsanwalt
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 131
Experience:  2. Staatsexamen
Type Your German Law Question Here...
DirkBettinger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I m from India n studying in Ireland now a days. My sister's

Customer Question

Hi I m from India n studying in Ireland now a days. My sister's husband is a Spanish passport holder n my sister has Spanish visa only. Can my brother-in-law soonest me on behalf of family reunion in Germany ?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: German Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can my brother-in-law sponsor me on behalf of family reunion in Germany as he is working on Germany now a days?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If I am eligible then I m ready to pay otherwise it's ok
Expert:  Thegonnec replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately, having a sister with a spouse visa granted by another EU country does not qualify you for family reunion in Germany, or any other EU country for this matter unless you can prove you are dependent on your sister (like if you were disabled and unable to care for yourself and she is the only family you have left...)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If my sister has spenish passport can she sponsor me?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Or if I apply for Spain visa can she sponsor me ?
Expert:  Thegonnec replied 9 months ago.

Only if you are a dependent...

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
m depending on my sister for last 8 months as m living sepreted from my parents now a days n they r not supporting me finically. My sister is supporting me for my study n all expenses. And I can prove that my sister is the only person who is supporting me not my parents
Is it enough to apply for visa?

Related German Law Questions