legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.
44859865

While in Germany last year apparently my husband drove off

Customer Question

While in Germany last year apparently my husband drove off from a gas station without paying for gas. Who do I contact about his?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: In Germany?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Absolutely not
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: German Law
Expert:  ratioscripta replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please clarify some things for me?

1) Did he do this on purpose or by accident?

2) Are you trying to protect him, or, to alert the authorities about what happened?

3) Did the gas station complain to the police? Or has anything happened at all in regards ***** *****?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was an accident. I believe it was reported. I am not trying to protect him simply pay if there is a fine.

Thank you. Your question needs to be moved to the Germany law category. This is the US legal category. I am going to move it now and another expert should pick it up.

Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When should I expect them to answer
Expert:  legal eagle replied 4 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for asking your question. Driving off without paying is considered as fraud here so your husband could face some minor difficulties of a legal kind.

If he has not heard from the police yet after such a considerable amount of time he should be fine though.

I' d recommend doing nothing or simply pay the gas bill

I hope I was able to help you. Should you have any further questions please be my guest. I shall try to answer them as soon as possible. If i have helped I would very much appreciate getting a positive rating. This is how I get credit for my work . Thank you so much, your business is very valuable to us.

Have you got any further questions?