legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.
44859865

My twin brother living in Germany with a registered partner

Customer Question

My twin brother living in Germany with a registered partner died Saturday May 28, 2016. He had no will. He was never married and had no children. Our parents are dead. Does his partner inherit the entire estate or is it shared?
Category: German Law
Expert:  legal eagle replied 6 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for your question .

My condolences.

If the partner is registered the estate is shared. If there is no marriage contract he gets 3/4 and you get 1/4 according to 1931, 1371 of the German Civil Law book. Registered partnership equals marriage .

I hope I was able to help you. Should you have any further questions please be my guest. I shall try to answer them as soon as possible. If i have helped I would very much appreciate getting a positive rating. This is how I get credit for my work . Thank you so much, your business is very valuable to us.

Any further questions ?

Be my guest !