Ronan
Ronan, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
33511193

This is regarding defamation,I had a resource working due to

Customer Question

This is regarding defamation,I had a resource working for me due to his performance I had to eliminate is contract.After this he started interacting with my superiors and other colleagues and started spreading rumors on me which are damaging my reputation and is becoming threat to my job and I am having a lot of mental trauma can I take steps to safe guard my reputation and send this person a legal notice to stop these allegations
Category: German Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.

You can certainly have a solicitor send a letter to him pointing out that he is defaming you and request that he desist in this behaviour. You can also threaten to sue him for defamation in this regard if he doesn't retract his defamation.

If He fails to desist and you have to issue proceedings against him, it is important to remember that even if you are successful in your defamation claim, It may be a Pyrrhic victory if he is not a financial mark