DirkBettinger
DirkBettinger, Rechtsanwalt
Experience:  2. Staatsexamen
31778273

We had communicated some time ago. Please see the related

Customer Question

Hi there, we had communicated some time ago. Please see the related thread: http://my.justanswer.com/question/index/5734a3e6ebb64c0eaa97c40f79ff9141 I was hoping that the thread would remain open for me to be able to keep our conversation going, but apparently
this doesn't seem to be the case. I wanted to let you know that I just received a 'Strafbefehl' of 20 Tagessätze, however I don't see where I should transfer the fine to. There's no clear indication of a bank account or something. Is that something I should
expect to land separately in my mailbox some time from now? If yes, how long does that normally take? Many thanks in advance.
Category: German Law
Expert:  hhvgoetz replied 12 months ago.

You will usually receive another letter a few weeks or months later.

If you can't wait, give the Staatsanwaltschaft a call, but at least you'll have to wait more than 2 weeks after receiving the Strafbefehl.

Regards

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thanks for the fast reply. Is there a problem with simply waiting for the letter? I am not in a rush to pay...Kind Regards

No problem, if you can be reached at the know address.

If not, let them know in order to avoid extra fees for not paying, arrest orders, etc.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I will be reachable at the same address yeah. So normally the next letter to expect will include instructions as to how to pay, correct? Is that normally a bank account to which one can wire transfer the amount?Thank you.

All correct!