legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.
44859865

You helped me once before - I want to know if an inheritance

Customer Question

You helped me once before - I want to know if an inheritance contract can be voided because the person who issued the contract got married? My husband owns half of a house and has an inheritance contract to the other half with his former step-mother. She remarried and is seeking to have the inheritance contract voided. Can she do this?
Category: German Law
Expert:  legal eagle replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer, Thank you so much for your question. Whether this can be voided depends on the contract. If there is a certain clause a Wiederverheiratungsklausel, which says that the contract is no longer binding should one of the Parties re- marry the contract can be voided.

I hope l was able to help.

The question whether the stepmother can void the contract solely depends on the contract' s wording , i.e whether it contains a remarriage clause or not. If there is a remarriage clause , the stepmother can void it