Ronan
Ronan, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
33511193

I am a Seychellois citizen living in the Netherlands and

Customer Question

I am a Seychellois citizen living in the Netherlands and would like my daugther, living in Germany, to visit my family in Seychelles. The mother is not co-operating. Do I have the right to take my daugther for a holiday to Seychelles?
Category: German Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.

If you try to bring your daughter to the Seychelles, without her mother's consent who is a guardian, this would amount to a criminal offence of child abduction. Your daughter would be brought back to the Netherlands under the the terms of the Hague Convention and you would most likely be charged.

I would suggest you make an application to the German courts seeking an order allowing you to bring her the Seychelles for a specific holiday period